Shadowhunters: S01E03 Dead Man's Party

RATING
⭐⭐⭐⭐
BEWARE OF SPOILERS

This week we picked up at the institute right after Simon was kidnapped. Alec portrayed the perfect rule following Nephilim.

When I think of Alec I think of the saying: Sed lex dura lex- The law is hard but the it is the law.

Alec is just such a by the books guy and in a way I'm excited to see him break to finally go against what people expect of him. He's constantly talking about reporting to the Clave.

When we came back to the institute and Clary says 'What about this stuff, these screens, can any of this help me find Simon?' It kind of felt unrealistic. It's not like she's never seen a computer before. Shadowhunters are less acquainted with modern tech than mundanes.

Clary was kind of acting like a jumpy child. Which I thought was perfect since she was distraught over her missing best friend.

I liked the sibling banter between Alec, Jace and Izzy. It was interesting seeing them tease each other about their things.

I felt so bad for Simon. He always gets stuck in bad situations.

Raphael was quite intimidating. He did a great job of playing the emotionless vampire.

It was actually funny seeing Simon try to escape. He threw a knife at Raph! A knife. As if that would
hurt.

Camille. When she first entered the room, I kind of thought her tone was off. I mean it was monotonous. How sweet. You're bleeding.

I didn't really like that scene at the cemetery. I didn't quite feel it!

Also, why the hell would Clary believe they actually say Aabra Ka Daabra.

Also, it's not that easy to learn how to use a weapon. How the hell did she learn it in one go? They train their whole lives and all it took was Jace guiding her?

What the hell was up with Camille freezing Simon? Do vampires have magic?

The Izzy Meliorn scene was overrated. I didn't like it. I don't know why but I just didn't.

Even though I wish Alec starts to stand up for himself, I'm actually glad he still went to fight by Jace's side. He wouldn't be Alec if he didn't.

I loved the bike scene. The one where they fly around in the sky!

The fight scenes in the show have become better and I enjoy them now. I do have a question. How do they not mess up their hair while fighting?

I'm glad Raph helped them escape. I mean it was the right thing to do. The shadow world should stand as one against Valentine!

The Jace-Alec fight in the end though... I kind of felt bad for Alec. Jace always takes him for granted.

Anyways. Next weeks episode should be interesting.

May the Angel bless you!

Descensus facilis Averno est

PS. #ShadowhuntersFandomUnited

No comments:

Post a Comment