Shadowhunters: S01E05 Moo Shu To Go

RATING
⭐⭐⭐
BEWARE OF SPOILERS

So we pick right where we left and Clary tells Jace about her vision and Alec walks in. We discover it is a portal shard. It kind of reminded of that scene from the movie where the portal blasts and the shards are discarded around the room.

Alec being the responsible adult he is tries to make the right decision and takes the necklace.

And that thing about the three and a half shadowhunters. Oh Alec. Just wait. There will be a day when you two will have to team up against Jace's brand of crazy!

I love the relationship Clary has with her mother. Clary felt like she could tell her mother everything, that they were there for each other no matter what. She was the cool mom.

And then we see Maryse. God. She was so cold to Izzy.
The way she acts about Clary. She acts like she never knew Jocelyn personally. Jocelyn was one of her only female friends! And we know all about you in Idris? Really?

And I felt so bad for Izzy. She says Shadowhunters aren't huge huggers and then Maryse hugs both Jace and Alec.

She's judgy and mean! I don't like her. I hate her character but thought the actress did a great job.

I like that Jace stood up for her though.

Then we see Luke again. I feel so bad for him. He looses the woman he loves and the girl he loves like a daughter thinks he was using them and he has to find her and work for the pack.

Alec was acting weird about the memory. Of course he loved Jace. Like Jace said. They're brothers. Of course they love each other! I know that's not what Alec thinks. It's just the wanting the unattainable will mean he will never have to make the choice and truly face the truth.

I really wish Clary could have best of both worlds. When she was outside the art school I really wished she could attend. Not now but maybe when things cooled down.

Like I always say. Simon and Clary is such a great best friend. Kat and Alberto fit into that role perfectly and I really like the way the showrunners are developing Climon.

We see Izzy, Jace and Meliorn. Well. Goodness! How awkward was it for Jace?

Every Valentine scene we have is creepy and perfect. It's just that he is creepy. He is supposed to be creepy. I love the way he is portrayed.

Question: How does Alec not realize whats up with Simon? He get the sight all of a sudden and super strength. No warning bells? Really?

And Simon, ever charming. After me! 

Then Clary pulls out the JC Box. I'm curious about how she finds out about JC. All my fellow book readers already know and I can't wait for the others to find out.

We find out about the dead Seelies. I hate Seelies but I did feel bad for them.

Then Clary and Si get kidnapped. Jace was so mean to Alec. He's always so mean to him.
Jace makes a low blow about Alec's mom. He's already insecure.

The wolves keep asking Clary about the cup and threaten Simon.
I can't believe the werewolves were introduced in this episode. It was the right time. We're only a few episodes shy of half way.

So Simon finds a way to contact Jace and also finds out the location. He basically hands everything to them on a platter.

Luke helps them and gets hurt in the process.

I'm glad Jace went with Clary but I was upset about Alec choosing not to.

Anyways. It was a good episode! I think the best so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment