Shadowhunters: S01E06 Of Men And Angels

RATING
⭐⭐
BEWARE OF SPOILERS

So. I'll start by saying I'm hoping this show will be a success, but I didn't like this episode. Mostly the flashbacks.

The quality of the flashbacks wasn't good, and I wish that the present actors played the characters. The other actors didn't look anything like the current actors. They could've just used makeup and made them look younger. Also, I just love the cast, and I would like to see them regardless of the flashbacks unless they get a toddler or a kid.
The alpha bite thing is a new concept to me, and I would like to learn more about this, but it's an interesting idea.

There's some tension between Alec and Jace in this episode, and I totally side with Alec on this one. Jace just keeps using him and barely shows any kind of gratitude.

In this episode, Jace and Alec work together as a team. I was a bit put off by Jace though. First Alec and then him. How the hell do they not understand what's up with Simon? I mean they spent their whole life in the shadow world, how the hell are they not reading the signs correctly.

And Max! He's adorable. Like a little button!

I like Robert though. Especially his relationship with Izzy, it's like he's trying to make up for Mayrse's coldness.

And speaking of them, what the hell is up with the whole family honor shit. They betrayed the Clave and sided with Valentine and then they expect their children to turn their lives upside down.

I hope Alec tells them to piss off when they tell him to marry someone for their family's honor. I always thought they were better than that. There weren't any arranged marriages in the books. Honestly, arranged marriages piss me off, especially when it's forced. I hope I misunderstood, or at least they decide not to do it. Maryse was acting like a total child! I'm starting to hate her.

I liked the Magnus and Clary scenes. I could sense that he actually cared for her. He should, he watched her grow up. I always thought that their relationship should've got more focus. And I kind of hope we get more Magnus & Clary scenes in the show than we did in the book and I want Magnus to express how much he cares for her.

I felt bad for Clary. Poor Clary had to learn about how evil her father was. Also, I'm still not used to the super speed for the shadowhunters. That's the speed I'd assume vamps run at.

Also, why did Simon leave the money? That was confusing.

And then we had another Max scene. He was adorable.

I hate that Izzy felt as if she needed to change for her mother's approval. That is ridiculous. She was perfect!

And in the end, we officially found out about Clary's ability to turn real objects to paintings and sketches.

May the Angel bless you!

Descensus facilis Averno est

PS. #ShadowhuntersFandomUnited

No comments:

Post a Comment