Shadowhunters: S01E07 Major Arcana

RATING
⭐⭐⭐⭐
BEWARE OF SPOILERS

So the episode begins with Jace, Clary and Magnus discussing the mortal cup. Magnus’s comparison of Valentine getting the cup with Beyoncé riding a dinosaur through times square was like something that book Magnus would do.

Then Luke came in and said he had it and it all seemed so easy.

Also, Magnus giggling! That was perfect.

Then the scene with Simon and Maureen. Hell no. It was supposed to be Izzy.

Then he sees Clary. And then he screws up by calling Maureen Clary. WTF. And he sprints from there.

Then we end up at the NYPD. I was confused about why Luke was kind of arrested.

What the hell is up with Jace’s binocular vision?

I’m a little surprised by how attached Izzy is to Meliorn. He’s just supposed to be one of the many. I get that the reason behind my criticism is the continuous comparisons but I can’t help it.

I liked the scene between Alec and Izzy. I love their relationship. They seem to actually care about each other and truly seem like family.

That Clace scene in storage closet seemed so suggestive especially after what Izzy said. And the whole 10% thing that Clary says reminded me of the scene in the book where she slapped Jace.

That scene was nice.

And then Simon at Java Jones. It was weird. He was acting so paranoid and jumpy. It was nice seeing his transformation since we never saw that in the books. The barista remembering Clary reminded me of the end of City of Heavenly Fire.

The IA officer kind of reminded me of Robert, I don’t know why.

The demon pox reference! It was amazing!

Jace’s reaction to being slapped was hilarious. He’s such a cocky guy that he can’t fathom a girl even faking dislike! Alec has never slapped me. I have a plan and no one will be slapped.

I felt bad for the Captain. Her death was unfair but necessary.

Then we saw Simon with his family. I’m afraid he’ll tell them about it all. I actually like his mother and sister. They’re nice. The whole breaking the table was awesome!

How the hell did Alaric not see Jace and Clary? He’s a werewolf. Downworlders can see through the glamour. I mean Luke just said it! Okay, so they hid. I’m writing it as I’m watching it so some of this may be premature.

I’m still getting used to the runes hurting.

Clary pulled the cup out of the card at the perfect moment. I love that it wasn’t instantaneous and was done at the right time. And I love that Clary was able to know that the demon wasn’t Jace.

Okay, so let’s skip everything and jump to the end. No! What happened to the midnight flower?

I loved that scene between them. It was cute and passionate and beautiful. Perfect.

I loved Clace in this episode. They seemed to be more real in this.

I wish Clary paid more attention to Simon. He's her best friend and I get that she has a lot going on but so does he. She dragged him into this world and the least she can do is give a damn!

Also. The ending. I felt so sorry for Simon! He's just so sweet and amazing and it was so sad what happened to him.

May the Angel bless you!

Descensus facilis Averno est

PS. #ShadowhuntersFandomUnited

No comments:

Post a Comment