Shadowhunters: S01E08 Bad Blood

RATING
⭐⭐⭐⭐
BEWARE OF SPOILERS

Okay. Why don't we start with Alec. Have mentioned how I loved his character before? Well, right now, right at moment, I'm pissed at him.

He proposed to Lydia Branwell! Crazy idiot. How could he do something to get in the way of Malec. Malec is endgame. And in case you forgot Alec, you're gay. And I love you for that and you are meant to be with Magnus Bane. The High Warlock of Brooklyn!

I'm calm now. So. That was what my biggest issue with this was. It doesn't mean that the episode was bad. On the contrary, it was amazing. We heard Jace's story about the falcon. And honestly Dom did a great job. You could see the his pain, you could feel it.

I have a confession to make. I've trying to figure out Jace's eye color for a while. I mean I've seen Dom's eyes and they're gorgeous with the blue and the brown. To be honest, I prefer that over Jace's signature gold. And I know this was pointless, but I just had to mention it.

I didn't quite understand what Clary told Simon's mom. I mean she obviously didn't tell her Si was dead, right?

And I felt so bad for Clary in this episode. I'm trying to understand how much guilt and pain she must be feeling about Simon's death.

Simon absolutely freaked out when he woke up and thought that scene was perfect. You could see how terrified he was of what was happening and what he became.

I liked that Jace was consoling Clary. I don't know why but those small scenes where the characters are affectionate to each other are so perfect to me.

Speaking of Clace, what the hell is up with the kiss. What happened after? It just seemed like they pretended like it didn't happen. But it did. And in the next episode, according to the promo, there is another kiss, you know, Jace kissed Clary telling her to be careful. How did Jace react when Clary kissed him?

And now to another thing that really stuck out to me. All the non book readers should skip the next part 'cause it could end up being a huge spoiler.

When Lydia walks in as Valentine, Alec immediately recognizes her as Valentine and shoots, right? How the hell does he know how Valentine looks? And if he knows then so does Jace. So does that mean that we won't have the whole misunderstanding about Jace and Clary's relationship. Ya know. That.

*Spoiler!*
I mean if he were raised by Valentine and thought it was his dad, and if Alec and the others know how Valentine looks, that must mean Jace did too, so he would have told Clary. He wouldn't kiss her. He is too good. And he shows no indication of that being true. So maybe he was raised by Valentine in Michael Wayland's skin. It's too complicated and I'm over analyzing it.
Maybe in the TV Show, Valentine never raised Jace and we don't have the problem.
*Spoiler Over!*

If that is, let me tell you I'll be the happiest person on earth. I never really liked it even if it wasn't real.

Let's go back to Malec.

I'm pretty sure the Lydia engagement is temporary and Malec is endgame, I mean there is an episode called Malec. I'm just worried.

And now, I want to know about the best forensic pathologist. When did Izzy become a forensic pathologist, much less the best. I'm not saying she can't be. She's smart. But I would assume something like this would've been addressed beforehand.

Anyways. I'm quite psyched about the next episode, especially since the promo showed the Clace kiss. I bet you can guess who my OTP is.

May the Angel bless you!

Descensus facilis Averno est

PS. #ShadowhuntersFandomUnited

No comments:

Post a Comment