Shadowhunters: S01E12 Malec

RATING
⭐⭐⭐⭐
BEWARE OF SPOILERS

It was like I could finally breathe. Ever since Alec proposed to Lydia, it has been like an internal war for me. I kept telling myself he'd find his senses and realize what he was doing and do the right thing. And he did. It was right at the last moment. Like literally the very last moment.

Also, the TV Show kind of answered one of my questions. How did they apply the wedding runes? They said that one rune was over the heart and the other on the arm so according to this the stele kind of absorbs the rune and maybe it just appears over the heart? I mean it's not like they'll open their shirts in front of everyone! I do hope we get to see a full shadowhunter wedding in the show soon so we can actually see the exchange of runes.

Now. Robert and Maryse's reactions. It kind of feels as if their roles are kind of reversed. Maryse was the more understanding parent in the books and actually seemed to care about her children instead of just family honor. In the TV Show, Robert seems to be more understanding unlike book Robert. It's not that I had a problem with that, it's just an observation.

I love that Alec and Jace finally made up. Here's the thing, Parabatai fight. They definitely fight but they never act the way Jace and Alec did towards each other. They trust each other more than anyone else. I like that Jace told Alec he was falling for Clary and Alec didn't make him feel bad about it.

Oh and that scene with Simon, Magnus, Alec and Izzy! Oh my god! I loved Simon in that scene. Right after Izzy tells Alec she's proud of him Simon joins them. And his analogy about Malec with those movie characters. It was amazing!

I wasn't a huge fan of Clace in this episode. Things were so awkward between them and I think it was portrayed well because of the situation but it still was awkward. Let me clarify, I think the actors did a wonderful job and made everything so believable but I'm still going to cringe everytime I see Clace as siblings, no matter how good the scene.

One thing I didn't like about this episode was that some of Izzy and Clary's dialogue's were a little stiff.

Also, Ragnor. It really hurt to see him die, I was heartbroken for Magnus. They were such old friends. And my heart just about melted when Magnus held Ragnor in his arms and called him that nickname from the Bane Chronicles. And there were other references too, the one with the instrument and Magnus's ex lover. I don't think one episode with him is enough but things happen. We never got to see him and Raphael. That would've been appreciated too. Also. I was a little disappointed that he didn't have green skin. He had the horns but not the green skin! :(

Anyways. Just one episode left before series finale and I really hope I can give the last episode 5 stars!

May the Angel bless you!

Descensus facilis Averno est

PS. #ShadowhuntersFandomUnited

No comments:

Post a Comment